Recipe: Yummy Watercress and pea soup with horseradish cream
Watercress and pea soup with horseradish cream. In summer, a light pea soup feels totally right – the watercress in this recipe adds a mustardy bite. Heat a large saucepan and pour in a little olive oil. Throw in the chopped onion and celery.
When I first moved to England, I was mystified by the presence of watercress on the. Kahakai is a Hawaiian word for Beach. Living in beautiful Hawaii, I like to spend time at the beach and in the kitchen. You can have Watercress and pea soup with horseradish cream using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Watercress and pea soup with horseradish cream
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of potato, peeled and diced.
- It’s 600 grams of fresh or frozen peas.
- You need 1 liter of vegetable stock.
- You need 200 grams of watercress.
- You need 1 of handful mint leaves.
- You need 1 of crusty bread, to serve.
- It’s of horseradish cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of horseradish sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of creme fraiche.
This blog is about cooking, eating and living (mostly healthy) in Paradise. by James Martin. This delicate, creamy watercress and pea soup is perfect for a spring day and works well served hot or chilled. In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus, onion and celery.
Watercress and pea soup with horseradish cream step by step
- Heat oil in an medium saucepan. Add onion and potato. Season well and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add the peas, then the stock and bring to the boil, then add the watercress amd mint. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and blend the soup with a hand blender or in food processer until smooth (you may need to do this in batches). Return the soup to a clean pan, cover with a lid and keep warm until ready to serve..
- In a small bowl, mix the horseradish with the creme fraiche and season. Serve the soup in bowls with a swirl of horseradish cream, a good grind of black pepper and some pieces of crusty bread, if you like..
Take the pan off the heat and add the creamed horseradish, watercress and double cream. Transfer to a food blender and liquidise until smooth. Arrange three slices of salmon into each bowl, decorate with the watercress leaves, and then grate a little fresh horseradish root over the salmon with a fine microplane Watercress side salad recipes Gammon and egg with watercress and pea salad. Gammon and egg is a classic combination. Transfer the soup to a food processor and blitz until smooth.