Recipe: Yummy Cream of Potato Leek Soup
Cream of Potato Leek Soup. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot. In a large heavy saucepan, bring the leeks, potatoes, water, and salt to the boil over high heat. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cream of potato and leek soup is a great way to enjoy potato soup. You can have Cream of Potato Leek Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Potato Leek Soup
- You need 3 of leeks.
- Prepare 4 medium of russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of table cream or whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of optional – minced chives for garnish.
Leeks lend a unique and different flavor than onions. I have also added a bit of bacon to this recipe. This potato soup is rich and creamy enough that you don't need to add cheese, sour cream, and other toppings to make this soup tasty. Classic potato leek soup has all the comforts of cold weather-cooking wrapped into one — a good bit of butter, slightly caramelized leeks and onions, creamy Yukon gold potatoes, and a splash of heavy cream for good measure.
Cream of Potato Leek Soup instructions
- For this recipe use ONLY the white ends of the leeks. Depending on the size of the leek this may be a very small amount. You want very little, if any green. Save the rest of the leek for another recipe if this bothers you but don't use it in this recipe..
- Rough chop the onion and leek ends and saute in butter until tender..
- Add chicken broth and potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender; about 15-20 minutes..
- Remove from heat, add cream and stir..
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth, pouring batches into another pot..
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Serve with minced chives on top..
- I serve this soup with little sandwiches made of dinner rolls, ham (Honey Baked makes for the best) and honey mustard..
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the potato and chicken stock and bring to a boil. This Vegan Potato Leek Soup fits the bill when it comes to comfort and I make it all year winter long! I'm a big soup lover and It's definitely my go-to meal in the winter. It's easy to make, inexpensive, hearty, filling and delicious!