Recipe: Yummy cream of tomato soup
cream of tomato soup. Check Out Cream Of Tomato Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well.
This was a really good cream of tomato soup recipe! I added the milk and allowed it to cook with the tomato mixture before taking it off of the stove since I didn't want it to get cold. I think the next time I make this I will add the milk first so it can cook with the roux then add the tomato. You can have cream of tomato soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of cream of tomato soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of flower.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of v8 juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh growned pepper.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
Return soup to a clean pot and set over low heat. Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate.
cream of tomato soup instructions
- in a pot add butter, onions and garlic till tender. mix with flower. then add vegetable stock. add tomatos, v8 and cream. let simmer for 15 mins. add fresh herbs and salt and pepper..
- I toped mine with cheese and croutons.
Reheat over medium heat until heated through. Cream of tomato soup should be gentle and soothing. Adding baking soda to the tomatoes keeps the milk from curdling. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil.