How to Cook Perfect Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil and butter. Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Cream of mushroom soup is a great ingredient when you're seeking a silky, smooth, velvety texture in a variety of dishes, like casseroles, soups, or rich sauces for chicken and beef. You can have Cream of Mushroom Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 32 oz of fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of chive.
- It’s 1 large of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 small of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 box of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 small of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic salt.
- Prepare of optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry sherry OR more broth OR water.
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is a smooth, rich combination of mushrooms and cream with garlic. Versatile and easy to use, expedite comforting from-scratch meals—Breakfast Frittatas, Beef Stroganoff, Green Bean Casserole and more!—by using our Cream of Mushroom Soup as your go-to ingredient. A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- Wash mushrooms and chop coarsely..
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan..
- Sautée mushrooms and large garlic jar for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour to coat..
- Add 1 3/4 boxes of broth gradually, stirring constantly..
- Add parsley, *sherry, chili powder, pepper, salt and remaining garlic, all to taste, which for me means "a crapload." Bring to boil..
- Remove from heat and stir in cream..
Is cream of mushroom soup gluten free. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. Place the dried mushrooms in a large bowl.