Recipe: Delicious Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil and butter. Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Cream of mushroom soup is a great ingredient when you're seeking a silky, smooth, velvety texture in a variety of dishes, like casseroles, soups, or rich sauces for chicken and beef. You can cook Cream of Mushroom Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 250 g of mushrooms (shiitake/button).
- You need 1/2 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 200-300 ml of single cream.
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- You need of Vegetable stock (optional to adjust consistency).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is a smooth, rich combination of mushrooms and cream with garlic. Versatile and easy to use, expedite comforting from-scratch meals—Breakfast Frittatas, Beef Stroganoff, Green Bean Casserole and more!—by using our Cream of Mushroom Soup as your go-to ingredient. A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it.
Cream of Mushroom Soup step by step
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices..
- Mince the onions and garlic..
- Heat a pan with the butter..
- Once the butter has melted, add in the mushrooms and fry for about 10 minutes on medium heat..
- Once the mushrooms reduce in size and feel soft, add in the cream and milk..
- If the consistency is too thick, add in more milk or vegetable broth to adjust..
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste..
- Herbs like parsley may be added..
Is cream of mushroom soup gluten free. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. Place the dried mushrooms in a large bowl.