Recipe: Perfect Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup
Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and water until smooth.
Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the mushrooms, rosemary and garlic to the pan. Its luscious texture is delicious on its own or adds the rich, smoky bacon flavor you crave to recipes like our Creamy Bacon Mac & Cheese. You can have Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup
- It’s 1 lb of white mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of arrowroot or corn starch.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped.
Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Reserve the drippings in the skillet. Behold, for it is creamy soup. Look at the crock pot above for a preview of what's to come to your kitchen; for it is glorious and splendiferous.
Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup step by step
- Wash and slice mushrooms. Dice onion to small pieces. Mince garlic..
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sauté..
- Once sautéed and thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to coat..
- Sprinkle corn or arrowroot starch over vegetables and stir to coat..
- Add chicken stock and cream. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until thickened..
- Once fully cooked, puree soup to desired consistency. Stir in 2/3 of the bacon bits/pieces, and top with remaining bacon pieces when served..
Bring a pot of salty water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Bring a kettle to the boil, then pour the water over the dried porcini just to cover. The bacon on its own is a subtle layer of flavor, but this is just a good combination of ingredients. This was lunch today, and my hubby enjoyed it as much as I did. We love mushroom soup, I've tried a lot of recipes, and this one ranks right up there with the best where I've used heavy cream or half-and-half.