How to Prepare Appetizing Cream of tomato soup
Cream of tomato soup. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well. Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low.
I think the next time I make this I will add the milk first so it can cook with the roux then add the tomato. Return soup to a clean pot and set over low heat. Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. You can have Cream of tomato soup using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- It’s 48 oz of #10 can Diced tomatos (reserve juice).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 8 oz of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shallots.
- You need 2 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare pinch of allspice.
- It’s 2 oz of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 pints of heavy cream.
- Prepare of salt and cayenne.
Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat over medium heat until heated through. Cream of tomato soup should be gentle and soothing.
Cream of tomato soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Line sheet pan with foil.
- Spread tomatos in a single layer on the foil, and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Bake until all the liquid has evaporated and tomatos begin to color, about 30 minutes. Let tomatos cool slightly.
- In small stock pot, melt butter over medium heat and add all shallots, tomato paste, and allspice..
- Reduce to low heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are softened about 10 minutes..
- Add the flour to make a roux, cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add the chicken stock and reserved tomato juice and roasted tomatos..
- Return to sauce pan, return heat to medium, add cream. Whisk together.
- Cover, and increase heat to medium, bring to boil, and down to simmer, for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to blender, and working in batches, blend until very smooth..
- Season with salt and cayenne as needed..
Adding baking soda to the tomatoes keeps the milk from curdling. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). In a large bowl, combine the crackers, oil, dressing mix, garlic powder and dill; toss to coat.