Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Cream of Green Chile Soup
Cream of Green Chile Soup. This cream of green chile soup is based on one served at Duarte's Tavern in Pescadero, California. Duarte's is also famous for its cream of artichoke soup. For the indecisive among us, they are willing to give you a bowl with half artichoke and half green chile.
Add heavy cream, half-and-half and bouillon cubes. Let the mixture come to a boil, then reduce heat to low to allow a small simmer. Leave out the chipotle chile (dried, smoked jalapeno chile) if you don't want it spicy. You can cook Cream of Green Chile Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Green Chile Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Roasted Anaheim Green Chilies (2 pounds fresh).
- You need 1 of minced Jalapeño Chile (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 7 of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4 cup of half and half.
- You need 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
This is from the Suzanne Somers book Eat, Cheat, and Melt the Fat Away, and fits the Somersize food plan. In a large pot melt butter or margarine. Add flour and stir the resulting paste over medium heat. Add the milk and chicken broth and whip to eliminate any lumps.
Cream of Green Chile Soup step by step
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until softened..
- Add green chiles and jalapeño and continue to sauté until the chiles are tender and some browning has begun on the bottom of the pot..
- Add wine and scrape up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the wine reduces to almost dry..
- Add heavy cream, half-and-half and bouillon cubes. Let the mixture come to a boil, then reduce heat to low to allow a small simmer for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, add sour cream, salt and white pepper. Stir until the sour cream dissolves. Then simmer for another 10-15 minutes..
- Transfer to a blender and purée, working in batches if necessary..
- Pour the blended soup through a fine strain and serve warm..
Add heavy cream, half-and-half and bouillon cubes. Here's a favorite Southwestern chicken soup recipe featuring the exquisite New Mexican green chile (but poblano peppers work well too). They can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for an easy make-ahead dinner! If you have never had White Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas before, stop the insanity now!. These Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a crazy delicious.