Recipe: Appetizing Scain's Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup
Scain's Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup. Russian Potato and Mushroom Leek Soup. I fell in love with leeks after making this No-Cream Creamy Basil Spinach Soup years ago. Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added.
I enjoy making hearty dishes like this one—and I especially like cooking with pork when I can.my husband and I raise I got this recipe from an old family friend, who gave me my first batch of leeks, too! This soup quickly became our family favorite. Potato leek soup is simple to make, the mild flavors of leeks and the potatoes compliment each other so well. You can cook Scain's Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scain's Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup
- Prepare 2 of leeks, chopped and rinsed.
- Prepare 8 oz of baby Bella mushrooms, stems removed and chopped thin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 4 cups of veggie broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 cup of half & half.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
Although I like mine pureed, if you prefer yours a bit chunky you can use a potato masher instead of an immersion blender to give More Creamy Soup Recipes: Cream of Mushroom Soup. Versatile and easy to use, expedite comforting from-scratch meals—Breakfast Frittatas, Beef Stroganoff, Green Bean Casserole and more!—by using our Cream of Mushroom Soup as your go-to ingredient. This creamy mushroom chicken recipe combines my monthly cravings to combine It will seem a like you have a WHOLE lot of mushrooms and leeks with this amount. Went back for more and suggested making a soup with the leeks and mushrooms so it must.
Scain's Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup instructions
- In a stock pot on medium add olive oil and butter. Toss in leeks and stir, cook 15 min until very soft.
- Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Stir, cook 10 min.add flour, cook a minute..
- Add wine, let it come to boil then add broth, thyme, a pinch of salt and pepper. Let simmer about 10 min..
- Add cream and half & half, let simmer on low about 10 min. Serve with fresh parsley on top..
Learn how to make Cream of Mushroom-and-Leek Soup. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. How to Make Creamy Mushroom and Leeks Pasta: Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Over a medium flame, heat the skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once it is hot, add the garlic and mushrooms.