Easiest Way to Make Delicious Potato and Celery Soup with Garlic and Cream
Potato and Celery Soup with Garlic and Cream. Pour the stock into the pan and add the bay leaf. Peel the celery root and cut it into small chunks. Place cooked ingredients, buttermilk, potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper into the.
The use of potato to thicken the soup gives it more body and silky consistency. Pureeing the soup with the potato results in a creamy soup without the added fat. I have to share this soup recipe with you – it is my absolute new favorite. You can have Potato and Celery Soup with Garlic and Cream using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Celery Soup with Garlic and Cream
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic granules.
- You need 200 ml of boiling water.
- You need 4 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes (about 600g).
- It’s 800 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 100 ml of double cream (optional).
- It’s of salt & pepper (optional).
- It’s of strong cheddar (optional).
For this carrot, celery and potato cream soup you only need a few ingredients and it is really easy to make. I love making soups for lunch, because after breakfast I get busy with something and when lunchtime rolls around I don't want to be in the kitchen cooking for hours and then cleaning up. Since celery doesn't have much starch in it, and since we don't use any other thickener, a single potato, peeled, diced and simmered along with the celery and other ingredients, is what gives the soup its thickness and body. But go easy on the potato.
Potato and Celery Soup with Garlic and Cream step by step
- Put the stock cube in a jug with the boiling water and whisk. Add the garlic granules..
- Chop the celery into small pieces and add to a pan with the stock. Bring to a boil..
- Chop the potatoes into small pieces and add to the pan. As the mixture boils, add the cold water. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the celery has softened..
- Transfer the soup to a blender, blend until smooth and then return it to the pan..
- Stir in the double cream, if desired, and heat gently for about 10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in some grated cheese for extra flavour..
Serving suggestion: Serve this celery and potato soup as a light meal along with a piece of toast, baguette, garlic bread or chilli cheese toast. It can be served as starter in little portion and top with croutons. Cream of celery was one of my favorite snacks. Grabbing a bunch of celery, I decided to give it a try. Potato and celery are vegetables with mild flavors that are often used together in other recipes (potato salad).