Recipe: Yummy Cream of Celery soup
Cream of Celery soup. Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot. Secondly, the reviewer was correct in the fact that the Campbell Company is pretty skimpy of the celery bits in this one.
I use this soup, along with several other varieties of condensed soups for cooking. Puree soup in a blender or food processor in batches until completely smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. You can cook Cream of Celery soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Celery soup
- You need of Soup stock.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery.
- It’s 2 of diced sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light margerine.
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need of Cream base.
- It’s 2 cup of nonfat milk.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Return soup to pan; stir, and season with salt. In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. In a large sauce pan, melt butter, add celery, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium low heat until soft.
Cream of Celery soup step by step
- Chop celery into small pieces. Use the entire bunch (~4 cups). Reserve the leaves for garnish..
- Chop onions into small chunks..
- Melt light margerine into a large saucepot or dutch oven. Add celery and onions and saute for ~5 minutes..
- Add wine, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- While celery stock is on simmer, combine evaporated milk and skim milk and heat on low. Stir to keep from scalding..
- Remove celery stock from heat and let cool a few minutes. Run batches through a blender to puree the soup stock..
- Return pureed soup to pot and add cream base. Add parsley and nutmeg and simmer ~12 minutes..
- Serve hot garnished with a celery leaf, and a sprinkling of parsley or nutmeg..
- May be refrigerated for two days prior to serving..
So, homemade cream of celery soup is far, far better than the canned variety, and I hate reading labels full of words I can't pronounce. While I would never use this soup to make a casserole with, it's the perfect starter to a meal. I love preparing food from scratch, and this soup is simple – chicken stock, celery, onions, a touch of. Delia's Cream of Celery Soup recipe. Originally, the older varieties of so-called 'dirty' celery from the flat, black-earthed Fenlands of East Anglia had a short season – from October to January.