Recipe: Tasty Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe)
Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe). Great recipe for Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe). This is a delicious soup my wife fell in love with during a trip to Germany, and it took me about two years of on and off searching to find one that tasted like the one she remembered. Found on Chefkoch.de submitted by a user named.
This soup is so simple and easy: just some onion and garlic, a little flour and a little milk. Sweet and simple.• Get the recipe: Knoblauchcremesuppe (garlic soup) at Dinner. Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. You can have Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe)
- It’s 1 medium of Potato, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 large of white onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 17 oz of beef broth.
- You need 8 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 slice of bread.
- You need 1 tsp of chives.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Vermouth to taste.
Add the garlic paste and cook just until the paste begins to color, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken broth and wine. Learn how to make Austrian creamy garlic soup with croutons in this easy step by step video. Cream soups are, quite literally, the crème de la crème of the soups.
Cream of Garlic Soup (Knoblauchcremesuppe) instructions
- Cut the bread into equal cubes and toast until golden brown in 1 tbsp butter in a skillet. Set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a pot over low heat and place: onion, potato, and garlic cloves within. Sauté until onions are clear..
- Pour in the broth and simmer for about 20 minutes at low heat..
- Add cream and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Season with the salt and pepper..
- Puree with a blender, and strain through a sieve. (Alternatively, mash with potato masher or fork, depending on texture you prefer.).
- Again put on the stove and add the rest of the butter (diced), mix..
- Add Vermouth to taste, sprinkle with the toasted croutons and chives. Serve..
Burgenland, Tyrol, Styria ©Tirol Werbung, Nolf Anton. Chip the onion and the garlic cloves, powder them in. In a large pot, heat the oil and butter over low heat. Add garlic and simmer for an additional five minutes. (At this point you could puree with an immersion blender or strain for a smoother soup.). Before serving the soup, add the sour cream and stir it altogether.