Recipe: Perfect Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup
Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup. In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Every year, when peak asparagus season arrives (it's now!), a big pot of silky, cream-kissed asparagus soup is always the first thing I make.
This simple cream of asparagus soup is an excellent way to use fresh asparagus. The soup is made with a basic white sauce, milk, and asparagus. The asparagus cooking liquid adds extra flavor to the dish. You can cook Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 clove of gralic (crushed).
- It’s 2 bunch of asparagus (chopped).
- Prepare 1 medium of onion (diced).
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of diced fresh chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh Italian parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Top each serving of the soup with small cooked asparagus tips. Cream of asparagus soup is quick and easy to prepare during asparagus season and will keep you warm on cold evenings. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup II "One of the best simple asparagus soup recipes I have ever done.
Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup step by step
- Peel and finely dice one medium onion. And crush 2 cloves fresh garlic..
- In a large sause pan melt butter over medium high heat. Once butter is melted add diced onion and pinch of salt and sauté until soft and translucent. About 10 mins.
- And curshed garlic and sauté for about 1 more minute, taking care not to brown garlic..
- Add chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add chopped asparagus and parsley, increase heat back to high. Boil for approximately 5-10 mins or until asparagus is tender.
- Once asparagus is tender, reduce heat to low and puree using stick blender or food processor (caution soup will be hot). Strain soup if desired and return to pot. Stir in black pepper, pinch more salt and heavy cream..
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with freshly chopped chives..
Will definitely make it again." – Carla Sproat-Denzien. Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup "What's not to love about this recipe? Didn't change a thing." – Milyhoou. Creamy Asparagus and Cauliflower Soup Asparagus Soup-A Recipe to Celebrate the Season. I first tuned into the idea of asparagus as the herald of spring back when I read this book.