Recipe: Tasty Cream of jalapeño soup
Cream of jalapeño soup. This is a simple cream soup base livened up with onion, carrot, bell and jalapeno peppers and topped with cheese. Very yummy and you can control the heat, if you like by reducing the amount of jalapeno. This amount we find nicely spicy but not hot.
Remove the pan from heat and stir in the avocado, tomatoes and cream. Lower the temperature and return pan to heat, watching and stirring so the cream does not separate. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent scorching. You can have Cream of jalapeño soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of jalapeño soup
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 10 of large jalapeños.
- It’s 4 piece of celery, chopped.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 cup of [email protected] half.
- It’s 2 cup of Gruyere, cheese grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- It’s 2 of limes.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
- You need 1 of tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Cream of Jalapeño Soup is a lovely combination of spicy peppers in a creamy, cheesy soup base. Fresh cilantro and lime add the perfect touch to this unique soup. Wash jalapenos and cut off stems, leaving whole. Grill or roast whole jalapenos until charred; set aside.
Cream of jalapeño soup step by step
- Melt butter, add onions, celery, and peppers. Sautee until soft. 10 minutes..
- Add flour, stir constantly until thick and bubbly. Add garlic powder and nutmeg..
- Increase heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes..
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir often to ensure no lumps. Add handful of cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and [email protected] half.
- Put in blender until smooth. I used an immersion hand blender. Add grated cheese, salt , pepper to taste. Mix well..
- Serve with a squeeze of lime, chopped cilantro, and sour cream. I crumbled tortilla chips on top. Yumm!.
I first had this soup at one of our favorite local restaurants – Interurban ("IU"). As I examined the menu, I noticed the soup of the day "Cream of Jalapeño Soup" and was instantly curious. Before I tell you all about the soup – let me first tell you where I worked while in college — guess. Bring the mixture slowly to a simmer on low, making sure the cream doesn't separate. Add salt and pepper to taste.