Recipe: Tasty Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it. In a large pot, melt butter. You can have Cream of Mushroom Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Mini Portabello Mushrooms.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek, halved and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of sprig of thyme.
- It’s 1 of sprig of rosemary.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 can of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dry sherry.
- It’s 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of sweet paprika.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
Cream of mushroom soup is a great ingredient when you're seeking a silky, smooth, velvety texture in a variety of dishes, like casseroles, soups, or rich sauces for chicken and beef. Recipes Using Cream of Mushroom Soup. Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is a versatile meal-starter for many delicious recipes. Expand your recipe repertoire by using it as the flavorful base to endless recipes.
Cream of Mushroom Soup step by step
- Add butter and olive oil to a large saucepan and melt over medium high heat..
- Add garlic, leeks, shallots, and mushrooms to hot butter and oil..
- Cook until soft and fragrant, about ten minutes..
- Add Sherry and white wine and cook until liquids are mostly evaporated. About ten minutes..
- Add chicken stock and cream, cook until heated through..
- Add half the soup to a blender and blend until creamy. Return mixture to pot and cook until hot. Remove from heat and serve..
Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Is cream of mushroom soup gluten free. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency.