Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup)
Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup). I added a few cloves of garlic with the leeks. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine.
This can be a strange time of year for Since the amounts of leeks and potatoes in yours may not be exactly the same as mine, be prepared to adjust the amount of stock in this recipe. Most consider vichyssoise to be a classic cold French soup although some believe it was invented in New York City at the Ritz Carlton. Regardless, this potato and leek soup remains a true classic with simply wonderful flavor. You can cook Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup)
- You need 300 grams of Leek (only the white part).
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- You need 10 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of medium potato.
- Prepare 100 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 200 ml of chicken stock.
Easy to prepare with just a few ingredients, vichyssoise will change your. Learn how to add heavy cream to make French recipe Vichyssoise in this free cooking video on cold potato and leek soup. A No Cream Potato Leek Soup That's Creamy and Delicious. This easy potato soup is a favorite of mine and when fall arrives, this is one of my go-to dishes!
Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup) step by step
- În a large heavy sauce pan, melt the butter together with the olive oil and add the leek, potato and onion. Fry them a but until translucent. Than add the chicken stock and a bit of salt over the vegetables and bring it to a boil over high heat. Cover partially, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender..
- Correct the seasoning, to taste, and puree with a handheld immersion blender or in batches in a food processor..
- Add in the heavy cream and reheat before serving. Enjoy it! Is delicious..
I love that it's super creamy without adding any fatty cream. The soup may only have passed for spa food in the first half of the last century, with the leeks first sautéed in butter, the potatoes simmered in chicken stock, and that milk and heavy cream, but it was a huge hit nevertheless. A Cold, Creamy, Luscious Summer Potato & Leek Soup recipe I found on thenibble.com. This was created by a French Chef and it is traditionally served Stir in the cream and pureed veggies into a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and cool the mixture in the refrigerator. If soup is too thick, prior.