Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage.
You can cook Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage using 16 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage
- You need of Add to Crockpot in this order so vegetables do not get too soft.
- Prepare 10 small of red potaoes.
- It’s 1 bunch of carrots uncut washed, peeled.
- Prepare 2 of Stalks of washed celery chopped.
- You need 2 of Yellow squash cut in half and seeded (this can be omitted).
- You need 1/2 bunch of or more of fresh Basil to yout liking.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried onion or freshly chopped 1 cup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley or use fresh (use more).
- You need 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt, or any salt will do.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 head of white cabbage chopped.
Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage instructions
- I keep the skins on the potatoes and wash them in a vinegar solution for 10 minutes. About a Tbs of vinegar to the water will kill most organisms. Put everything in Crockpot except cabbage, milk, evaporated milk butter and Flour. Set to low for 8 – 10 hours, high is about 4 hours. Much later, Use the liquid in the Crockpot plus add a little more water to cover the cabbage in a pan and cook on high boiling until soft (about 10 minutes). You can also add the cabbage in the beginning. I boil it to get it soft. Then add to Crockpot. Roux: Heat 1 stick butter, 1 can evaporated Milk, 1/2 cup Milk, then add 1 cup flour and stir until thickened, then quickly add to Crockpot, turn to high, stir then let cook for another hour with lid on. Stir and serve with your favorite toppings: bacon, cooked ham, cheddar cheese, green onion, etc. I also had a loaf of bakery garlic bread that was in the fridge that needed to be eaten. Enjoy, I know my family did! yummy and creamy!.