How to Make Perfect Mushroom Cream Soup
Mushroom Cream Soup. The secret to this deep rich soup is a long slow caramelization, the key to unlocking the mushroom's magic. This is just pure essence of mushroom. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently. A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it. You can cook Mushroom Cream Soup using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Cream Soup
- You need of Soup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter ( Unsalted ).
- It’s 1 head of Onion ( Diced ).
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic ( Purée/Minced ).
- It’s of Portabella Mushrooms.
- It’s of Champignon Mushrooms Sliced.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper ( Coarsely Grounded ).
- You need of White Pepper Powder.
- It’s of Chicken Stock Powder.
- It’s 2 cup of Chicken Stock / Water.
- It’s 2 cup of Fresh Milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Full Cream.
- You need of Chicken.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 4 of Chicken Thighs ( Cut into 4 pieces ).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper ( Finely Ground ).
- Prepare of Paprika Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushrooms in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Mushroom Cream Soup step by step
- On a large sauce pan, add 2 TABLESPOON OF UNSALTED BUTTER ( Medium Heat ).
- Sauté one diced onion, 4 cloves of garlic and sliced mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper ( to taste ).
- Add in 2 cups of Fresh Milk and 2 cups of Full Cream to the pan. Season with chicken stock powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil..
- On a frying pan, add butter on high heat..
- Add chicken thigh pieces and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika powder. Cook for 3 minutes each side..
- Add the cooked chicken into the soup and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Serve with Garlic Bread or anything you like…
- You can use Olive Oil instead of Butter. Any kind of button mushrooms will do. Take off the chicken if you just want the soup..
Using an immersion blender, or working in batches in a regular blender, puree soup until smooth. When the oil is hot, swirl in the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil and butter. Types of Mushrooms to Use for Soup. My favorite cream of mushroom soup is made with a hearty proportion of cremini mushrooms (sometimes called "Baby Bellas"), mixed with shiitake and oyster or chanterelle.