How to Cook Tasty Julia's cream of broccoli soup
Julia's cream of broccoli soup. the soup is puréed, and given a final decoration of broccoli buds." Cream of Broccoli Soup. Warmed me up on a cold day and the left overs were just as great! I like to use both broccoli florets and stems when I cook, and I find that the stems cook up with the best texture and at the same rate as the florets when I peel them first.
Since it's a cream soup, you don't want it to brown. As it heats, it will thicken until it looks like a small amount of mashed potatoes. Creamy, rich and filling, a real comfort food without lactose or gluten. You can cook Julia's cream of broccoli soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Julia's cream of broccoli soup
- You need 1 pound of chopped fresh broccoli.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cups of grated yellow cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Broccoli Cheese Soup Deliciously classic broccoli-cheese soup. Change up the cheese you use, and either mash it in the pot or puree at the end. Tips for making the best broccoli celery soup. And if you can, they should be as fresh as possible – make sure your broccoli has nice dark green color, the stalk is firm to touch.
Julia's cream of broccoli soup step by step
- combine chopped broccoli and chicken broth and bring to a boil..
- cook until broccoli is tender..
- in a separate pan saute onions in butter until translucent but not browned..
- add this mixture to the broccoli and broth stirring in the flour. cook until thickened..
- add milk, cream, seasoning and cheese. simmer until cheese melts, but do not boil before serving..
In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the broccoli, broth, garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Nutritious and satisfying, this cream of broccoli soup recipe makes for a quick and easy meal. Its velvety smooth texture, along with a subtly fresh, creamy flavor, will make this pureed soup a favorite with broccoli lovers. A handful of homemade bacon thyme croutons make it extra hearty.