Recipe: Appetizing Corn Cream Soup
Corn Cream Soup. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Besides its industrial uses, in Mexican cuisine, we use corn for tortillas, atole, tamales, soups, stews, pemoles (cookies), and other snacks. And in case you want to know what are the other seven Mexican recipes besides this delicious Cream of corn soup, you can also make using sweet corn here are they: Esquites-Corn in a cup, Sopa de Milpa, Corn and Zucchini a la.
Soup season has officially hit our little side of the world. Traditionally, this warming Cantonese soup is prepared in the same way as "Chicken Velvet" by chopping the meat or seafood into small pieces and mixing it with egg whites, liquid, and cornstarch. This recipe for cream corn soup is much simpler – the cornstarch and water mixture is used as a thickener, and the egg whites are streamed into the hot broth before serving, just like in egg. You can cook Corn Cream Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn Cream Soup
- You need 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of powdered chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Crushed black pepper.
- Prepare of Parsley flakes (additional).
In a small skillet, melt butter and saute the chopped onion until tender but not brown. Advertisement Instructions Checklist Not all corn soup recipes need to be difficult. Find out how to make an easy batch of corn soup with help from a published cookbook author in this free video clip. Expert: Phoebe Lapine Heat the corn kernels in the chicken broth.
Corn Cream Soup instructions
- Use low heat. Melt the butter, then add the flour. Stir until it forms some kind of roux..
- Open the can. Add the water to the pan. Stir. Add the rest of the ingredients one by one except the kernels. Stir thoroughly until it forms some kind of thick paste..
- Add the kernels. Use medium heat this time. When the soup is bubbling, turn off the stove..
- Sprinkle some parsley flakes on the soup. Serve with slices of bread..
Season with salt, pepper, and a little grated onion or finely chopped green pepper. When boiling, pour corn mixture over cream mixed with egg yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Blend well together and rectify the seasoning. This creamy corn soup is called "potage" where the corn kernels and soup are blended till smooth and strained through fine mesh sieve. As a result, the soup has no fibers and the texture is silky smooth and creamy with a somewhat thick consistency.