How to Prepare Yummy Brad's cream of chicken Verde soup
Brad's cream of chicken Verde soup. When boiling place chicken in water. Remove and set aside to cool. Chicken should be a hair under done.
But they were nice enough to give me this copycat recipe. 🙂 So, I decided to post it here for every one to enjoy. I use it for my chicken enchlidas. I called the Campbell's Soup Company and was told that they no longer make this particular soup. You can cook Brad's cream of chicken Verde soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of chicken Verde soup
- It’s of For the soup.
- You need 2 of LG split chicken breasts.
- It’s 10 of large tomatillos.
- It’s 1 of large pasilla pepper.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Juice of 2 limes.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 12 of fluid oz heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch mix with equal cold water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- You need of Queso fresco for garnish.
View top rated Cream of chicken verde soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Cream Of Chicken And Scalloped Potatoes, Campbell's Orange Dijon Chicken Saltimbocca, Breast Of Chicken… Easy Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup. My husband is easy to please. Make him a tasty soup – especially a Chicken Enchilada Soup – and he's a happy man.
Brad's cream of chicken Verde soup instructions
- Place oven rack on highest setting. Preheat broiler. Place pasilla pepper directly on rack. Broil until skin is charred on all sides. Keep a close eye on it and rotate often. When completely charred, remove from oven and place in a plastic bag. Twist to seal bag and set aside for ten minutes..
- Bring 2 qts water to boil in a large stock pot. When boiling place chicken in water. Boil 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. Chicken should be a hair under done. When cool, remove skin and bones. Discard. Shred chicken with a fork..
- Dehusk and wash tomatillos. In the same water, boil tomatillos until soft and they start to split. Remove from water and place in a blender..
- Remove skin, stem and seeds from the pepper. Place it in the blender with tomatillos. Blend until pureed..
- At the same time you are doing this, melt 1 tbs butter in a fry pan over medium low heat. Add onions. Sauté until carmelized. Add garlic and saute 1 more minute..
- Add lime juice and bouillon to the water that you boiled the chicken and tomatillos in. Bring back to a boil for 2 minutes..
- Add cilantro and cream to the water. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a simmer. A little at a time, add cornstarch mixture until it reaches desired thickness. Stir constantly..
- Add chicken back to pot cook 2 more minutes. Check flavor. Add more bouillon if desired..
- Place soup in a bowl. Garnish with crumbled queso fresco. Serve with rice, beans, and warmed tortillas. Enjoy..
I have tried several enchilada soup recipes over the years. The one I make with my Vitamix (yes, you can cook soup in a blender), is good, but I like this recipe better because it tastes so. What to Serve with Carrot Soup. Spices and cream can leave your carrot soup thick. Try soaking it up with a freshly baked fruit bread or tasty bruschetta.