Recipe: Tasty Mushroom cream soup
Mushroom cream soup. The secret to this deep rich soup is a long slow caramelization, the key to unlocking the mushroom's magic. This is just pure essence of mushroom. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently. A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it. You can have Mushroom cream soup using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom cream soup
- You need 50 gms of button mushrooms.
- You need 1 of white onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk 2 cups vegetable stock.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushrooms in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Mushroom cream soup instructions
- Take butter in a heavy bottom wok..
- Add thoroughly washed and chopped mushrooms..
- Saute it..
- …… for 10 mts on a medium heat till they get brown and starts oozing out good flavour. Now add onion and fry them also for 5 mts..
- Add maida and stir it with the cooked mushrooms n onion for 2 mts.A dd 1/2 cup of milk into it and grind it..
- Transfer the mix.to the wok and add rest of the milk and veg. stock..
- Cook it for 5 mts. Add salt and black pepper..
- Put off the gas and add the blob of fresh cream. Take out it in the soup bowls. Sprinkle oregano and serve hot..
Using an immersion blender, or working in batches in a regular blender, puree soup until smooth. When the oil is hot, swirl in the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil and butter. Types of Mushrooms to Use for Soup. My favorite cream of mushroom soup is made with a hearty proportion of cremini mushrooms (sometimes called "Baby Bellas"), mixed with shiitake and oyster or chanterelle.