How to Make Tasty Cream of pea soup
Cream of pea soup. Place peas and liquid in a blender or food processor; cover and puree until smooth. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken stock, peas, potato, and salt.
If serving cold, transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. You can have Cream of pea soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of pea soup
- It’s 3 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 11/2 cups of canned peas put through sieve.
- Prepare 3 cups of half and half.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
- You need of Paprika.
Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings. Add onion and celery to drippings. Saute until vegetables are tender; drain. Add the peas, water, potatoes, ham, salt, bay leaf and pepper.
Cream of pea soup instructions
- Heat stock peas and milk in double boiler.
- Melt butter blend with flour add to hot stock.
- Mix thoroughly add seasoning.
- Little whipped cream and paprika before serving..
This recipe comes from James Peterson, author of many cookbooks, including Splendid Soups. Put leeks and potatoes in a pot with the liquid and bring to a gentle simmer. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low. Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring often and adding a splash or so of water if the bottom of pan gets too brown, until. Make the soup, then leave to cool at room temperature.