Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Soup. Our Crock Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe is that same hearty Tuscan soup, adapted for your crock pot. Check out this video from our cooking show. We found the base recipe for this tasty soup in Gooseberry Patch's Church Suppers and it quickly became our favorite of the Olive Garden copy cat recipes we have attempted.
Even though zuppa toscana soup translates to Tuscan soup, it's not a traditionally Tuscan soup. Olive Garden named this soup and made it incredibly popular all across the United States! Zuppa toscana soup is made from crumbled Italian sausage, bacon, potatoes, kale, chicken broth and cream. You can cook Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground spicy sausage.
- Prepare 3 large of potatoes, cubed with skin.
- It’s 4 cup of kale, chopped.
- You need 8 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 small of onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
In a skillet sauté the sausage until browned and pour into a slow cooker. In the same pan cook the bacon until crispy. Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe is so delicious and the slow cooker makes it so easy. If you love Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, you are going to go crazy over this tasty recipe.
Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Soup step by step
- Add stock, water, potatoes, and salt to crockpot, set on high..
- Brown sausage, crumble to small pieces, add to pot..
- Fry bacon, set aside, keep grease in skillet..
- Saute onions in bacon grease, add garlic when onions are almost done (10-15 minutes). Add to pot..
- Crumble bacon, then add it and kale to soup..
- Cook for 5 hours, add half and half (warmed in microwave for 30 seconds so it doesn't curdle in soup) when potatoes are mostly cooked through. Let simmer for 20 minutes more. Serve and enjoy :).
There is something so comforting and satisfying about eating a warm bowl of soup. One of the easiest copycat recipes to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup out there. If you like the Zuppa Toscana (Tuscan Soup) at Olive Garden you are going to LOVE this recipe that you can make at home in your slow cooker. The recipe starts with some Italian sausage and crispy bacon that you cook on the stove-top. This post has been a long LONG time coming.