How to Cook Yummy Zuppa Toscana Soup
Zuppa Toscana Soup. Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. Transfer to a plate to drain. Zuppa Toscana Soup that's Even Better than Olive Garden's!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe. It went bananas and has since been one of the most popular recipes on my site. You don't have to venture out to your favorite Italian restaurant to get this classic, decadently satisfying sausage and potato soup. You can cook Zuppa Toscana Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zuppa Toscana Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground mild Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 slices of thick bacon, chopped.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of large russet potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 bunch of curly kale, chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 of freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes (optional).
This so-simple rendition is simmered to perfection in your own kitchen using the slow cooker. Heavy cream is the key to the rich, full-bodied broth–but if you wanted to lighten the soup up a bit, you can replace half of the heavy cream with half-and-half. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon; set aside to drain. This Easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup is a super quick and simple copycat recipe with rich, creamy flavor you can't resist!.
Zuppa Toscana Soup instructions
- Over medium-high heat, cook sausage 3-5 minutes. Add in diced onions and finish cooking till meat is cooked through. Drain excess oil, if any.
- Cook bacon in a separate pan and crumble into small pieces.
- Add in water, bouillons, potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10-15 minutes with lid on..
- Stir occasionally. Then add kale and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes longer. Stir in half and half and warm through.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
If you're like me and can't get enough soup, then you should definitely give this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup a try, right before you test out my Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup and Sausage and White Bean Soup. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add oil, onion, garlic, and red chili flakes. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through. Zuppa Toscana is a vegetable and bean soup made with kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes and tomatoes, plus celery, carrots and onion. Historically, most people in the Tuscan countryside would have used affordable seasonal vegetables and beans to make their Zuppa Toscana.