Recipe: Delicious Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
Creamy Leek and Potato Soup. Reheat the soup to a gentle simmer (add some extra stock at this point if the soup is too thick for your liking), then pour into warmed bowls. Drizzle the remaining cream over each serving, top with a little pile of buttered leeks and a scattering of chives and black pepper and serve at once. Creamy Potato Leek Soup II Creamy Potato Leek Soup II.
In a large heavy saucepan, bring the leeks, potatoes, water, and salt to the boil over high heat. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the potato and chicken stock and bring to a boil. You can cook Creamy Leek and Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of Leeks, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of bulb of Garlic finely sliced.
- It’s of onion medium finely sliced.
- Prepare 900 ml of hot stock (chicken or vegetable) use a couple of cubes.
- It’s 200 ml of Whole fat milk.
- You need of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Creamy and delicious vegan potato leek soup! This hearty and comforting meal is filling, satisfying and will have you coming back for more! This vegan potato leek soup is everything you want a soup to be! It's warming, comforting, hearty, satisfying and oh, soooo delicious!
Creamy Leek and Potato Soup instructions
- Using a large pan place on a medium heat, spray or drizzle with oil. Throw in the leeks to gently soften. I think the best way to make the soup full of flavour is to be patient allowing them to soften slowly. Whilst they are softening, chop the onion and garlic and then throw in the pan stirring well. Meanwhile stirring regularly, chop up the potatoes..
- After about 15 minutes the leeks and onions should be reduced and sweated down. Next add the stock to the mixture, add the milk and potatoes. Bring up to boil and a gentle simmer..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The soup needs to bubble for about 20 – 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Next blitz the soup in a blender. If you like your soup chunky don't bother with this next bit! Serve up and Enjoy! Yum.
Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and comforting yet also luxurious and elegant. I love how this Leek Soup can be Couch Food OR an elegant starter for a dinner party. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Creamy, savory, and with an (optional!) cayenne kick, this is a twist on a traditional French comfort food.