Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Apple-Butternut Soup
Apple-Butternut Soup. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion in butter over medium heat until tender. A Thanksgiving-worthy soup blends tangy, sweet apples with mellow butternut squash. Meanwhile cumin, coriander, ginger, and cayenne add vibrant flavors.
You are going to rock this new endeavor chicka! I am so happy for you and proud at the same time. You are a true role model for us and I am so honored to be one of your RD besties lol! You can cook Apple-Butternut Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple-Butternut Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of reduced-calorie margarine.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable cooking spray.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flower.
- You need 1 can of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 3 cup of peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of peeled, cored, coarsely chopped cooking apple.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of low-fat milk.
- You need 1 of toasted squash seeds (optional).
I too was hoping summer could hang. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Apple Butternut Squash Soup recipe is a light, creamy and rich bisque that's lightly seasoned with the seasons warmest spices. Apples and butternut squash are the perfect match in this simple to make soup recipe.
Apple-Butternut Soup step by step
- coat a dutch over with cooking spray.
- add margarine.
- place over medium heat until margarine melts. add onion and garlic, saute 5mins or until tender.
- add flour, stirring until smooth.
- stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients. bring to a boil. cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 mins or until squash is tender.
- let mixture cool slightly.
- add squash mixture to food processor.
- return mixture to pan, add milk. cook over medium heat until heated, stirring occasionally. do not boil..
Butternut Squash Apple Soup – Cozy Comfort Food. Do not make the mistake of confusing "simple" with "boring." Although French café lunches are not fussy, their flavor is profound, because they use the best-quality seasonal ingredients. I feel the same way about this butternut squash apple soup. A read of the ingredient list—tart. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.