Easiest Way to Make Tasty 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup
100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup. Discover Tasty Braised Beef Soup Made W/ Chickpeas & Mushrooms. Cider-Braised Cabbage with Apples, Onion and Caraway. This is a nice fall and winter side that my family enjoys with pork or keilbasa.and rye bread.
Looking for low-calorie side dish recipes? Braised Beef & Black Barley Soup Say Yes! to Protein with Well Yes!® Braised Beef & Black Barley Soup which purposefully combines nutritious ingredients, like lean beef with no added preservatives, black barley, and chickpeas, to give you a good source of protein. Make an easy, hearty dinner with recipes for chicken casserole, rice casserole, and more.. You can have 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup using 11 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 pkg of braising short ribs (usually 4 ribs per pkg).
- It’s 2 boxes of low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 2 pkg of taco seasoning (or 6 tbsp homemade).
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 3 of med carrots.
- You need 3 of celery stalks.
- You need 1 of large can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of black beans (or 2 cups cooked dry beans).
- It’s 2 cups of frozen corn.
- It’s of Lime juice (and zest if you have fresh limes).
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
Lean stewing beef and mushrooms cooked in slow cooker until tender. This lightened up beef and mushrooms is a great dinner for the meat lovers in your home. It's easy enough for a weeknight and tasty enough for company. The Skinny on Slow Cooker Beef with Mushroom Sauce.
100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup instructions
- Do not substitute a leaner beef in this recipe. The fat is important for the cooking process and is almost completely removed. Choose short ribs with lots of visible meat..
- In an oven safe pot, combine 1 box of broth with 1 pkg (or 3 tbsp fresh) taco seasoning..
- Add the short ribs to the pot and add enough water so that the broth mixture just covers the meat..
- Cover and place in 225°F oven..
- If you have the time, braise at 225°F for 8 hours. If not, you can braise for 4 hours at 225F° and then increase temp to 400°F for 1 to 2 more hours. The goal is to melt as much of the fat as possible so the meat falls apart..
- Place the whole pot in the refrigerator over night to solidify the fat that has risen to the top..
- Remove the solid fat and discard. Remove the meat and set aside. Save the broth left in the pot. It will likely have concentrated enough to have a somewhat jelly like consistency..
- Use your hands to pull apart the meat and separate it from the bone and any remaining fat. Keep it in larger chunks. As long as the meat is cold, the fat should come off very easily. Any small amounts left on the meat will rise to the top of the soup and can be skimmed off, so don't drive yourself crazy trying to get every last bit..
- Now we make soup! If you don't like dicing veggies, many grocery stores now sell fresh mirepoix (carrots, celery, and onions) mix in the produce section. Start by chopping your onions, carrots, and celery and placing them in the bottom of a large stock pot..
- Add about a cup of the reserved braising broth. This avoids the need for added oil or salt. For added depth of flavor you can add 1/2 cup of red wine here. Just make sure you cook off all the alcohol. You should not be able to taste wine in your soup. If you are sipping wine while you cook, have someone else taste for you once you have added all ingredients..
- Simmer over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally at first and then more frequently as the liquid evaporates. While you are waiting, open a can of tomatoes and a can of black beans. Rinse beans and 2 cups of corn in a strainer and set aside..
- Once the liquid has evaporated and the veggies are getting tender, start adding the remaining ingredients. Add remaining taco seasoning and stir well. Wait for the soup to come back up to a simmer before adding each ingredient: Remaining braising liquid Can of diced tomatoes Can of water (tomato can) Black beans and corn Beef.
- Now it is time to adjust the flavor. Taste the broth. If it is really salty, add another can of water. If it is just right or a little lacking in flavor, add the remaining box of broth..
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for up to an hour. If you are canning this soup, skip the simmering step and add the final flavors. The canning process will continue to cook the soup..
- Chop 1 whole bunch of fresh cilantro. The stems have more flavor than the leaves so get them in there..
- To finish the soup off and take the flavor to th next level, add lime juice 1 tbsp at a time to taste. You don't want the the soup to be sour, but you do want to taste lime. If you have fresh limes, the zest of 1 or 2 is a perfect addition..
- This soup can be served as is or is great with shirataki noodles. It can also be served over cooked barley, rice, or egg noodles but will no longer be 100 calories per cup. Shirataki noodles are made from insoluble fibre and are calorie free..
It's one of those dump and stir recipes perfect for a busy day. Beer-Braised Beef Recipe It's hard to believe that seven ingredients, including the unusual additions of molasses and light beer, can create such fork-tender top round steak. Serve this quintessential comfort food over mashed potatoes, polenta, or egg noodles. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help.