Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup. It's full of flavor, healthy vegetables and easy to freeze. You might also like this low carb taco soup! This healthy Low Calorie Cabbage Soup is perfect after a weekend of indulgence because while it is full of vegetables it is also full of flavor.
Ditching refined carbs and replacing them with protein, vital minerals, and less-hazardous unrefined carbs will hook your body up with slenderizing ingredients. Naturally low in fat and calories it's the perfect lunch, snack or starter! While we eat it as a starter or lunch, to make this more of a main dish for dinner, we often add our favorite proteins. You can have Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage-chopped.
- You need 1 cup of celery-chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of onion-diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots-diced.
- It’s 1 of green pepper-diced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 14 oz of can basil,oregano,garlic diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of black pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey-if desired.
Vegetable soup is delicious, healthy and filling! It's easy to make and perfect for lunch or afternoon snack. Unfortunately, many soups are high in fat, calories, and sodium. Pot roast soups, thick and creamy chowders, chicken and dumplings soups, hearty bisques, and more are delicious but extra fattening.
Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup step by step
- Heat 2 T. Olive oil in a large pot. If using ground turkey, brown. Add celery,onions,bell peppers and carrots. Saute until slightly tender. Stir in garlic. Pour in chicken broth. Stir in tomatoes and cabbage. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cook until cabbage is tender. Stir in spices. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy..
Trust me, this recipe is a keeper. I took the idea of using chopped cauliflower from Blane Jelus, (Blane's low carb kitchen) and applied it to my own stuffed cabbage recipe. Simple and full of vegetables, this soup is good and good for you. This weight watchers cabbage soup is good for weight loss because it's super low in calories, but it's still filled with lots of veggies and things that are good for you. It's ZERO weight watchers points, so if you are following that program, this is definitely a soup you'll want to add to your diet.