Recipe: Perfect Beetroot Soup
Beetroot Soup. Beetroot soup can now be stacked. Warm olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Beetroot soup is not only a fabulous colour but delicious too.
Add the beetroot and the stock and bring to the boil. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the tomato purée, transfer the soup to a blender and process until completely smooth. You can cook Beetroot Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beetroot Soup
- It’s 1 of medium beetroot, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of sambar powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon juice or to taste.
- You need As needed of coriander leaves to garnish.
This smooth and velvety beetroot soup is absolutely delicious. I love the vibrant colour that the soup takes on and it's wonderfully contrasted both in colour and flavour by the fresh sprigs of dill garnish. Beets may take a while to roast, but it's worth the wait. (For a tasty side dish, saute the green tops.) Garlic and leeks add delicious flavor and dimension to this soup. Borscht is a delicious steaming bowl of nourishing soup to brighten your mood.
Beetroot Soup step by step
- Heat oil and saute the onions, cloves and curry leaves till light brown. Switch off the flame. Add beetroot, salt, pepper and 3-4 cups water. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles..
- When cool, blend in the mixie and simmer on low flame for 2-3 minutes, adding sambar powder and lemon juice..
- (A little more water can be added depending on the consistency you prefer). Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves..
Beets give this soup an earthy sweetness (and a vibrant color), while a dash of lemon juice and fresh dill add a hint of freshness. This borscht recipe is a deliciously hearty soup perfect any time of year. Like a classic chicken noodle soup, it is heartwarming and comforting. When making a beetroot soup, it is important that the items are placed in the exact pattern as the image below. A delicious and vibrant kid-friendly soup made with raw beetroot, carrot and potatoes, garnished with creme fraiche and crumbled feta cheese.