Easiest Way to Make Tasty Sweetcorn Soup
Sweetcorn Soup. Enjoy Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Sweet Corn & Roasted Poblano Sipping Soup. Heat the olive oil with the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the garlic, onion and potato and sauté for five minutes, until softened.
It is a favorite among many Indians. Sweet corn soup is usually served as a starter before the Indo Chinese main meal. Chinese chicken and corn soup belong to the thick soup category, which is called 羹. You can cook Sweetcorn Soup using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweetcorn Soup
- You need 2 packet of corns.
- It’s 1 of chopped small onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of small stick of cinnemom.
- You need 2 tsp of cornflour.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of black grinded pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chat masala.
- You need 2 tsp of pure ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
Thick soup can be as exotic as shark's fin soup, or as familiar as the home cooked egg drop soup. Chicken and corn soup is the grander version of egg drop soup, enhanced with chicken meat and sweet corn. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Blend the cornflour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweetcorn.
Sweetcorn Soup instructions
- Boil corns in a pan..
- Boil till they become soft..
- Switch off the flame & put them in a stainer so that all the water stains away. Don't throw that water.Keep 1/2 cup of boiled corns aside.
- Put them in a mixie with onions, garlic cloves & cinnamon stick (we can boil them with corns also)..
- Grind till it become a smooth paste..
- Again put it in a stainer & stain the paste with the help of spatula..
- Put it in a pan with corn stock (water in which we boiled the corns).Stir continuously to avoid lumps.we can add water also according to need..
- Add all the ingredients &,boiled corns. Stir continuously..
- Put 2 tsp of cornflour in a bowl..
- Make a paste with the help of water..
- Now add this to the corn mixture& stir continuously..
- Boil for 5_10 minutes according to need.Switch off the flame..
- Heat 2 tbsp of pure ghee in a pan..
- Add cumin seeds in it..
- Cook till aroma smells out..
- Now pour it on corn soup..
- Serve hot..
Served steaming hot, this sweetcorn soup recipe from Shaun Rankin makes a superb winter warmer but it can be served cold. The tempura prawns are a wonderful addition and make it that little bit more special. When it comes to keeping to traditional Chinese cooking, you have to try this Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup. It is made up of very few ingredients such as garlic, ginger, sweetcorn, chicken stock, chicken and spring onions simmered in a saucepan. Besides its industrial uses, in Mexican cuisine, we use corn for tortillas, atole, tamales, soups, stews, pemoles (cookies), and other snacks.