Recipe: Appetizing Moroccan Chickpea – Chicken Soup
Moroccan Chickpea – Chicken Soup. This soup brings together red lentils that are simmered in vegetable broth along with tender chicken thighs, chickpeas, vegetables and rich spices. Packed with juicy chicken, tons of veggies and chickpeas, and cozy Moroccan spices, this one-pot Moroccan chicken chickpea soup is going to quickly become a dinner regular! This Moroccan chicken soup recipe makes a comforting lunch to chase away the chill of a frosty day.
Add the garlic and spices and fry for another minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, harissa and chicken stock. Serve in bowls topped with fresh coriander. You can cook Moroccan Chickpea – Chicken Soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chickpea – Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 cup of chickpea (Kabuli Chana), soaked overnight.
- It’s 1/2 cup of boneless chicken.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of rice, soaked for an hour.
- You need 3-4 of tomatoes, pureed.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tomato paste.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of paprika (I used Kashmiri red chilli).
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of five spice powder (I used garam masala powder).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of grated lemon rind.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves to garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil to drizzle (opt).
Tip in the cumin and fry for another min. Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper. Cook and drain the couscous according to the package directions. Try something new for dinner by making this recipe for an easy Moroccan chicken and chickpea soup, flavored with cumin, coriander, and cinnamon..
Moroccan Chickpea – Chicken Soup instructions
- Pressure cook the chickpeas in 2 cups water for 5-6 whistles. Add the rice and chicken and further cook for 2 whistles. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute the onion, ginger and garlic till they turn translucent. Add all the dry spices and stir fry for a few seconds..
- Add the tomato puree and tomato paste. Simmer, covered for 2-3 minutes on a low flame. Now add the cooked chickpea and lemon rind and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame..
- Drizzle some olive oil and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve in individual bowls for a heaty and a satisfying light meal..
How to Make Moroccan Chickpea Soup in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Here is a dump-and-start recipe of Moroccan Chickpea Soup. That means, simply add in all the ingredients in the pot, turn it on and enjoy! I think it's particularly appropriate at this time because of all the stormy cold winter weather we are ALL experiencing at the moment. This healthy chicken soup recipe gets bold Moroccan flavor from sweet potatoes, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and a touch of fiery harissa.