Recipe: Perfect Healthy Kala Chana Soup
Healthy Kala Chana Soup. Low glycemic index makes it a healthy option for diabetic patients. I made the Kala Chana Soup from the left over water after I boiled the chana for kanjak. Didn't feel like throwing the water as we use dry chana for the pooja.
Add lemon juice and garnish with spring onion. The healthy and comforting black chana soup is ready. We are fond of clear soups and Kala Chana soup is one such soup. You can have Healthy Kala Chana Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Kala Chana Soup
- You need 4 cup of chana water (with little bit chana).
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need of salt as per your taste.
- It’s As needed of Green Coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee or olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of assafoetida.
- Prepare 2 of green onion (chopped).
Whenever I boil Kala Chana, it has become somewhat mandatory to make this soup also. I also like to add some finely chopped spring onion leaves to it which gives a very good crunchy tinge to this soup. Black Bengal gram comes in the category of superfoods. This is a Healthy Easy Homemade Receipe for Chana Soup
Healthy Kala Chana Soup step by step
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin Seeds.
- Add Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Add green onion and saute.
- Add tomato.
- Add Chana water.
- Boil for 5-6 min..
- Serve hot.
This soup is very medicinal and gives relief from cold. One can try this homemade soup. Kala chana or chickpea hailing from India is also known as Bengal Gram. Owing to the low glycemic index, the chana can serve to be healthy for those who have diabetes. Use split chickpeas (Chana Dal) or other split peas or lentils.