Recipe: Tasty Tomato lentil soup
Tomato lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, and add the onion. Stir in remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
Lightly brown the onions in the oil. Add the tomatoes, chili pepper, lentils, cumin and basil to the pan along with the water. Nutmeg, ground cloves, garlic, and red wine give this lentil tomato soup a heady aroma and a slight Mediterranean flair. You can have Tomato lentil soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato lentil soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mixed dal.
- Prepare 3-4 pc of tomato roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of small piece ginger (1/2 tsp finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced salt as required.
- It’s 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of capsicum finely chopped.
- You need Pinch of black pepper powder(less then 1/4tsp).
- You need Pinch of cinnamon powder (1inch cinnamon stick).
- You need 1 tsp of Jaggery (optional).
It freezes well, so make a double-batch! A filling and hearty lentil and tomato soup that is packed with fibre and provides two of your five-a-day. Why not make double and freeze for future vegan lunches? Stir in cumin and coriander and add lentils and tomato paste.
Tomato lentil soup step by step
- Wash and soak dal in hot water for 30min. Then add chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, onion and salt as require. Add enough water..
- Give 3 whistle and let it cool down little. Then churn with hand blender..
- Now, add finely chopped onion and capsicum..
- Now add black pepper powder and cinnamon powder. (If u don't have cinnamon powder, then add cinnamon stick while cooking daal and tomato).
- Simmer soup for 2-3 mins. Then transfer to a bowl and serve hot with salad or khakhara Or any fried items..
Mix in stock, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Red Lentil and Tomato soup is an easy, quick, and inexpensive soup to make. It is also healthy and packed with protein. I had never made lentil soup before this. It was so easy and I had every single ingredient on hand!