Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Spicy Chickpea Soup
Spicy Chickpea Soup. Heat gently, season well and stir in a small bunch of chopped coriander, reserving a few leaves to serve. This spicy chickpea soup gets its Indian flavors from garam masala and ground ginger. The base for the creamy soup is made from dietary fiber-rich pureed chickpeas.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized pot until warm. Spiced chickpeas are crisped in olive oil, then simmered in a garlicky coconut milk for an insanely creamy, basically-good-for-you stew that evokes stews found in South India and parts of the Caribbean While the chickpeas alone would be good as a side dish, they are further simmered with stock, bolstered with dark, leafy greens of your choosing and finished with a handful of fresh mint When. Start by heating olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. You can have Spicy Chickpea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Chickpea Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of shimenji mushrooms chopped.
- You need 1/2 of habanero chilli chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp cumin or medium Indian curry.
- You need 1 of tblsp tomato paste.
- You need 2 cans of chickpeas drained.
- It’s 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 cups of chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 2 cups of spinach.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp aromat.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Add the spices (cinnamon, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper) and stir. Spiced Chickpea and Tomato Soup Spiced Chickpea and Tomato Soup. The base of this soup is the onion, tomato and celery powerful combination. Add some spices magic and you get a soup that stands out from the rest of the soup boredom.
Spicy Chickpea Soup step by step
- On medium heat fry onion, mushrooms, chilli and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cumin or curry and fry for 5 minutes..
- Add chickpeas and fry for a minute. Then add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and vegetable stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, aromatic, salat and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
I love the chunkiness and how the different flavors combine so well to form this spicy chickpea soup. A big plate of this soup and your dinner doesn't need anything else. Tip in the cumin and fry for another min. Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper. This protein-packed Moroccan Chickpea Soup is healthy, hearty, and very filling!