Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Tomato Capsicum Soup
Tomato Capsicum Soup. Place the pepper & onion halves (cut side down) along with the plum tomatoes & garlic cloves into a baking tray & drizzle with the olive oil. Roasted capsicum soup, this simple but delectable soup is packed with goodness of folic acid and vitamin a from capsicum and tomatoes. Season with freshly ground pepper, taste and adjust salt.
This soup comes together with just a handful of everyday ingredients. In this recipe, roasted red peppers and tomatoes are the two show-stoppers. I like to add carrots to add more body to the soup and they also add a natural sweetness that balances the smokiness of the roasted red peppers, and the acidity from the tomatoes. You can have Tomato Capsicum Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Capsicum Soup
- Prepare 3 of ripe tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of potato boiled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee or butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum sliced finely.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of cornflour.
- It’s 1 of cheese cube grated.
- You need 10-12 of croutons fried or roasted.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of orange red food colour (optional).
Sometimes, you just need comfort food in your life. But comfort doesn't have to mean unhealthy. Such is the case with this healthy yet insanely creamy red pepper tomato soup!. Toss the tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Tomato Capsicum Soup instructions
- Heat ghee or butter in a pressure cooker.Add chopped onion and sauté. Then add potato and toss.Add chopped tomato and toss few minutes.Then add ginger garlic paste,1 bay leaf,salt and sugar to taste.Add 2 cups water and pressure cook 2-3 whistles..
- Open pressure and strain the pulp in a strainer. Mash the pulp with a masher or cool and blend in a mixer.Strain this mashed pulp completely and discard seeds and residue.Pour the liquid in a wok and boil.A pinch of orange red food colour may be added for a nice colour.Sprinkle sliced capsicum and give it a boil.Make a slurry of cornflour.Gradually add the liquid stirring continuously to the boiling soup to get a thick consistency.Add black pepper powder and garam masala and stir..
- Garnish with grated cheese cube.Slice 2 breads then cut into squares.Roast or fry these croutons to a crispy golden colour.Serve a bowl of piping hot tangy sweet and sour tomato capsicum soup with croutons on a cold winter morning, or as an appetiser before dinner or at parties..
Roast peppers: rub oil on peppers and put them under the broiler until blackened, turn to get all sides. Put into paper bag and seal. How to Make Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. Cut tomatoes in half, remove the seeds from the bell peppers and cut into bite size pieces, roughly chop the onions, peel the garlic, and mix the lot together with a little oil and little salt. Beef, Tomato And Red Bell Pepper Soup Beef and tomatoes really bring out the best parts of each other, especially that rich, savory flavor with just a hint of sweetness in the background.