Minty Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, and tomato paste. Return soup to the pot and keep warm over low heat. You can cook Minty Lentil Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minty Lentil Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of green split moong dal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red masoor dal(lentil).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated carrot.
- You need 2 springs of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock (from cabbage,onion, potato).
- It’s to taste of Salt and black pepper powder.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. After trying many versions of this soup at home, I think I finally nailed it. Creamy, yukon gold potatoes are sautéed with tender carrots and lightly scented with dried mint. When pureed together with the protein-packed red lentils, you are left with a warm and satisfying bowl of authentic Turkish red lentil soup.
Minty Lentil Soup instructions
- Wash and soak both moong dal, masoor dal for 2 hours. Discard skin from green moong dal..
- In nonstick pan pressure cooker add chopped cabbage,onion,potato, with 2 cups water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Cool and drain of the water to get vegetable stock..
- In same non stick pan add heat butter,add chopped onion and saute for 1 min. Add grated carrot and both dals, saute for few mins. Add veg stock and mint leaves. Boil till dals are cook and tender..
- Remove mint leaves. In mixer jar grind cooked dals mixture and make puree. Transfer back to pan..
- Add salt and black pepper powder. Add enough water to make soup like consistency. Boil..
- Serve Hot Minty Lentil Soup garnishing with mint leaves..
There's nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up from the inside out, and this red lentil soup is particularly comforting, not to mention fast, easy, delicious, and beautiful. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and sauté the onions until soft. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute. Season with salt and the Aleppo pepper or paprika. This simple lentil soup is full of some fantastically bold flavors and hearty grains.