Recipe: Delicious Healthy Tomato soup
Healthy Tomato soup. Say Yes to Deliciously Crafted Soups Made with Real Ingredients. This simple tomato soup is perfect paired with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich. Make a double batch and freeze the extra for rainy-day emergencies.
Even though it's a hot soup, it's light and fresh." – Mhansmann. Smoked Chipotle Tomato Basil Soup "Best tomato soup ever! Alex called my healthy tomato soup "lazy borscht". You can have Healthy Tomato soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Tomato soup
- You need 5 cups of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of moong dal (yellow dal).
- It’s 1/2 cup of onions chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar (optional).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper powder.
We might think eating traditional tomato soup is a no-brainer healthy choice but, surprisingly, there can be hidden calories and fat. Of course, you are still getting all of the nutritional benefits of tomatoes, such as high concentrations of the antioxidants lycopene, beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin C. In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves and chicken broth. This healthy tomato soup recipe is a blend of two Tuscan classics, pappa al pomodoro (a hearty bread-thickened tomato soup) and acquacotta (which translates as "cooked water," and is a soup made with tomatoes, greens and a poached egg, served over bread).
Healthy Tomato soup step by step
- Boil the tomatoes with moong dal in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Cool and blend it with a hand blender to a smooth puree. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat a sauce pan add butter, put the chopped onions and fry 2 to 3 mins. Add the strained tomato puree..
- Boil for 2 mins,add sugar, warm milk, salt and black pepper powder. Serve.
This easy vegetable soup is the perfect light supper for those first cool evenings of. How To Make The Easiest Tomato Soup From Scratch. This simple homemade tomato soup is quick, easy, and insanely delicious. The soup is inspired by one of the most famous recipes out there — Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce. Butter, tomatoes, and onion are simmered until slightly thickened.