Recipe: Tasty Carrot and lentil soup
Carrot and lentil soup. Today's soup uses that soup as the base but adds in carrots along with a few additional ingredients. The carrots compliment the tomatoes and lentils nicely, bringing a sweet flavor to the soup. One of my favorite things about this soup is that you can freeze half for later.
Try our spicy carrot and lentil soup. Our red lentil soup with carrots is a simple lentil soup recipe. Add the lentils and pour over the hot stock. You can cook Carrot and lentil soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot and lentil soup
- It’s 1 of Carrot medium size.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Red lentil (Masoor dal).
- Prepare 4-5 of Garlic pods.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tdp of Sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
Stir through the lemon zest and juice, scatter over the parsley, and serve sprinkled with some freshly. Sweet potatoes, carrots, and apples are pureed with red lentils and seasoned with ginger, cumin, and chili powder for this warm and flavorful winter soup. I always put carrots in my lentil soup so when I saw this used apples and sweet potato it sounded good. Vegan red lentil soup with carrots, lentils, and a tomato base.
Carrot and lentil soup instructions
- Wash dal thoroughly and keep aside. Wash and peel carrots and cut into big chunks. Wash and cut the onion and tomatoes into big pieces. Peel ginger and garlic and keep ready..
- Put into the cooker and cook for 2 whistles.. Once cooked cool it completely and make a fine puree out of it..
- Now put the puree into a pan add salt according to taste, add pepper powder, cinnamon powder and sugar and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to taste. The soup is ready to serve..
This simple soup is a weeknight staple and can be made with common pantry items like canned tomatoes, frozen spinach, and dried red lentils. It's crazy how just a few ingredients can make such a difference. Using finely chopped rotisserie chicken in this recipe makes it perfect for a busy weeknight meal, but you can leave it out if you prefer. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia. Jenny's red lentil soup is a fantastic step towards a healthier life with less burgers. And it's a tasty one too.