Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Abdoogh Khiar (Iranian cold cucumber soup)
Abdoogh Khiar (Iranian cold cucumber soup). Abdoogh khiar or Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup is cool, refreshing, and it is perfect for hot summer days. It is a very popular hors d'oeuvre and also a light summertime lunch in Iran. It is a very popular hors d'oeuvre and also a light summertime lunch in Iran.
Every time I'm write a Persian recipe post, my heart skips a bit. Unicorns are calling for more Persian food, and I know you are too. Need to cool off from the summer heat? You can cook Abdoogh Khiar (Iranian cold cucumber soup) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Abdoogh Khiar (Iranian cold cucumber soup)
- It’s 500 ml of cold water.
- You need 300 g of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 50 g of cream.
- You need 3 of medium cucumber, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh dill leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh mint or basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh chives or green part of spring onions.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 1 tbsps of dried rose petals.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried mint or basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Summer savory, or tarragon/ oregano,.
- It’s 15 of walnuts, crushed into small pieces.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Lavash naan bread or tortillas bread, toasted.
This Persian cold yogurt soup (Abdoogh Khiar) can be made as thick or as thin as you like and is filled with cucumbers, raisins, walnuts and herbs. Abdoogh Khiar – Persian Cold Yogurt Soup with Cucumbers, Herbs, Walnuts & Raisins آبدوغ خیار Abdoogh khiar is a chilled yogurt soup with lots of aromatic fresh herbs, diced cucumbers, chopped radishes, crushed walnuts and sweet golden raisins topped with dried rose petals and served with pieces of dried/toasted flat bread. Similar to mast-o khiar, this yogurt dish also has cucumbers, dill and mint. But unlike mast-o khiar, this Persian cold yogurt soup also has raisins, walnuts and rose petals.
Abdoogh Khiar (Iranian cold cucumber soup) instructions
- Break tortillas bread into small pieces and toast them in a apan..
- Cut the cucumbers into small pieces (cubes). Wash fresh herbs and finely chop them. Put them into a large bowl. Add grated garlic, raisins, dried herbs, crushed walnuts, to the cucumebr and season with salt and pepper..
- In another bowl, add yogurt- cream and water. Whisk together until smooth and runny..
- Add it to the cucumber mixture and mix thoroughly. Put it in fridge to chill.
- Garnish with dried rose petal, walnuts, raisins…
- Traditionally, in serving time, ladle cucumber soup (abdoogh khiar) in individual bowls, add pieces of toasted Lavash or tortillas bread, stir and then DIG IN..
- You can blend all ingredients and make a cold puree soup too.👇👇.
Plus, you can also dilute it down with water or ice cubes. It is a very aromatic and flavorful dish that is also healthy and protein-rich. Abdoogh Khiar (Ab: water, Doogh: yogurt drink, Khiar: Cucumber) or cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup has been part of iranian culture from the ancient Persian era. It's very nutritious and it's high in. ABDOOGH KHIAR CALORIES & NUTRITION VALUES.