Vegan coconut lentil soup. Red Lentil Soup in all varieties is quite wonderful. I do prefer to use chopped, steamed Escarole rather than spinach. I cook the Escarole separately and add it in when servings are reheating.
You'll definitely want to eat the leftovers of this red lentil. Golden Coconut Lentil Soup is a light and fresh vegan soup with vibrant turmeric and a handful of fun toppings. This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup has got to be one of my favourite things I've ever eaten, ever. You can cook Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- You need 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
That's a lot of "evers" so you know it's real. I'm not a leftover girl, and I easily If I had to describe the amazing taste of this Vegan Coconut Curry Lentil Soup, I would go on for days. For your sake, I'll make it short. Nourishing vegan coconut tomato lentil soup simmered with delicious, warming spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric.
Vegan coconut lentil soup step by step
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
This creamy tomato lentil soup recipe has plenty of plant based protein and makes a wonderful meal prep lunch or dinner! I think I have only one soup recipe here on the blog so far 😉 Probably because I am not a big fan of soup. It's ok if they are like Here we got a combination of lentils, coconut cream, and spinach. Really nice I have to admit. The soup is easy to prepare – not much dicing or chopping.