Recipe: Yummy Orange Rasam – Soup
Orange Rasam – Soup. Orange Rasam Recipe is with a unique twist of adding orange juice to the regular rasam. This rasam has a refreshing fruity flavour to please your taste buds. Did you know: Orange is a superfruit having a wealth of nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin A precursors, calcium, potassium, and pectin.
Surely you will love this 🙂 This rasam can be taken with rice or taken as soup itself directly. If your try, please share your. Orange Rasam, a Rasam flavored with Orange zest, lemon and orange juice, and freshly ground rasam powder. You can have Orange Rasam – Soup using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Rasam – Soup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Thur dal.
- You need 1 of Tomato roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of Orange.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 of Orange Juice from orange.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon Juice from lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing a generous.
- Prepare Some of Chopped Coriander Leaves For garnishing.
- You need For of grinding:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Thoor dal.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Coriander Seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Red Chilli.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
- Prepare For of Seasoning:.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- It’s Few of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper-Cumin Powder.
A very tempting and appetizing rasam. Can be served as soup also. Orange Rasam, a Rasam flavored with Orange zest, lemon and orange juice, and freshly ground rasam powder. A very tempting and appetizing rasam.
Orange Rasam – Soup instructions
- Take thoor dal in a vessel. Add water and pressure cook till the dal is mushy. Mash it nicely and set it aside Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee and add all the grinding ingredients and roast till the dal turns golden brown. Take this aside and allow it to cool.
- Take these ingredients in a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth powder. The fresh rasam powder is ready..
- Take an orange and grate the zest and set it aside.
- Heat a sauce pan, add tomato, orange zest, curry leaves, salt, hing, ground rasam powder. Add 2 cups of water and allow the rasam to boil till the tomatoes are nicely cooked.
- Then add the mashed dal and stir well. Add 2 cups of water and adjust the consistency..
- When a forthy layers starts to form on the top of the rasam, switch off the flame. Do not allow the rasam to boil. Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to sputter. Add pepper-cumin powder along with curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Remove from flame and add the seasoning to the rasam.
- Allow the rasam to warm and then add orange and lemon juice. Finally garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the delicious Orange rasam as a soup or serve with rice along with a teaspoon of ghee and enjoy the dish!.
Can be served as soup also. Orange Rasam is a Rasam which is flavored with Orange Zest, Orange Juice and Lemon Juice. The flavor from Orange is unique and adds wonderful taste to the Rasam. You can also serve this as a soup. In this recipe, I have made the rasam using freshly ground rasam powder.