Recipe: Delicious Cheesy Whole Masoor dal Soup
Cheesy Whole Masoor dal Soup. Cheesy Whole Masoor Dal Soup Recipe – Learn how to make Cheesy Whole Masoor Dal Soup Step by Step, Prep Time, Cook Time. Find all ingredients and method to cook Cheesy Whole Masoor Dal Soup with reviews. Cheesy Whole Masoor Dal Soup Recipe by Bethica Das.
It can be had as it is or with some croutons / bread sticks for a wholesome meal. Add the asafetida and mix in. Add garlic, ginger, chili and onions and mix. You can cook Cheesy Whole Masoor dal Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Whole Masoor dal Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole masoor dal, soaked for an hour.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp. of cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil / butter.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of sambar powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of lime juice.
Add a pinch of salt and mix in, reduce heat to low-medium and continue to cook until the onions and garlic are golden brown. Lentils, also known as Dal or Dhal are a mini legumes. They are a good source of protein, fiber and minerals. There are many varieties of lentils such as yellow (moong and toor), green (moong), red (masoor), brown (whole masoor) and black (urad) lentils.
Cheesy Whole Masoor dal Soup instructions
- Heat oil and saute the onion, garlic and curry leaves till translucent. Add the turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder and sambar powder and turn off the flame. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the dal and 2 cups water and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.When cool, add the cheese and blend into a puree. Heat through and serve with a dash of lime juice..
Whole Masoor Dal / Brown Lentil Nutrition. These lentils are a rich source of dietary fiber. This Creamy Whole Masoor ki Dal is a spiced and tasty lentil dish made from whole red lentils, onions, tomatoes, herbs, spices and cream. This is a North Indian style recipe of a spiced, tasty and quick dal made from these whole red lentils with a brown husk. Dahl, which is also often spelled dhal, daal, and dal, is essentially a thick South-Asian-inspired red lentil stew that is often prepared with ghee or clarified butter.