Roasted Moong Dal Soup. Roasted Moong Dal Soup #SoupSalad – This is a healthy soup of roasted Moong Dal, combined with tomatoes and a handful of coriander leaves. It is in a curried form and can be had along with some bread sticks or croutons for a wholesome light meal. Cook Roasted Moong Dal With Spinach Tadka (Roasted Lentil Spinach Soup) in the comfort of your home with BetterButter.
One must also be aware that a cup of mung gives a lot of cooked dal, nearly three times. Green Moong Dal Soup or Mung Bean Soup is a healthy and diabetic friendly recipe that is packed with protein and easy to digest. Soups in general are served as starters/appetizers to any meal but this soup served in small portions will go very well along with an elaborate Indian lunch. You can have Roasted Moong Dal Soup using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Moong Dal Soup
- It’s 1 cup of moong dal, dry roasted.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, chopped (opt).
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of " ginger, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare handful of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp. of whole garam masala (cinnamon, cardamoms & cloves).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare pinch of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tsp, red chili powder or to taste.
- It’s 3 cups of water / vegetable stock.
- Prepare of coriander leaves to garnish.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes to garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of lime juice.
Green Moong or Whole Moong Dal is packed with protein and low in carbohydrates and is one of the best. Turn heat very low and cover pot with lid slightly ajar. Today is a special recipe focussed on kids and mothers of newborn. Drain the water completely and transfer the dal to a paper towel.
Roasted Moong Dal Soup instructions
- Pressure cook the tomatoes in 1 cup water for 2 whistles. Blend when cool and strain. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and saute the whole garam masala and bay leaf..
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry till translucent. Add the roasted moong dal, coriander leaves, all the powdered masalas and 2 cups water / stock. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles..
- When cool, discard the bay leaf and the whole garam masalas. Blend in a mixie and add the tomato puree to it. Adjust the stock according to the consistency desired. Just before serving, heat through and add the lime juice. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves and chili flakes..
Heat a non stick pan and spray cooking oil. Add the soaked moong dal to the pan and sprinkle salt. But this it is lovely as a warming soup too. Have it the way you want. Related Posts: Dal Palak: Roasted Moong and Spinach.