How to Make Tasty Paya Soup
Paya Soup. Paya soup or the lamb trotters soup is the best source of calcium. Always clean the legs of the lamb before pressure cooking. I would suggest to include paya soup a lot in diet rather than plain mutton soup as the leg soup is more healthier and tastier than the mutton soup.
The dish was adapted to the local cuisines by the Muslim cooks of Lahore, Hyderabad of Telangana State and Lucknow. Subsequently, paya became popular all over present-day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Outside the Indian subcontinent, is also available in restaurants. You can have Paya Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paya Soup
- Prepare 500 gms of Paya or Mutton Pieces.
- It’s of Jeera.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Paste-.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Dry Coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of besan.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 of medium Onion.
- It’s 2-3 of Green Chilli.
- You need 2-3 of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Dhana Jeera Powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Coriander.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare Pinch of Turmeric.
- You need Pinch of Hing.
Paya soup also contain a high number of vitamins that will lead to a better immune system. The same health benefits of thieves oil , it will manage to keep the body immune system is stable and manage to avoid further infection or diseases. Mutton Paya Soup recipe or the Paya Shorba is a delicious soup made with the lamb trotters. Made with flavorful spices, it is truly a non-veg lover's delight.
Paya Soup step by step
- In mixer make paste of all ingredients mention above in paste. Make it smooth so there wont be any chunks between it. Add oil instead of water to make it blend..
- Take oil in pressure cooker. Heat it and add jeera. Once it gets split add above paste and saute it till all water in it gets evapourated. Once it look dry add turmeric and paya pieces and stir it to get all masala coat to all pieces..
- Once it gets nice stir add boiling water in it and stir it again. Do not let masala stick to the bottom. Add salt. And pressure cook it for 5-6 whistle. And serve it..
- As mutton already come with too much fat, use oil accordingly..
For more similar recipes, you can try the following Hyderabadi Marag Recipe Hyderabadi Mutton Shorba As I already have a lot of mutton recipes on my blog,. Paya is a warm, soothing and delightful stew. Cooked in various spices, the thin soup is served bursting with soothing flavours and is an exquisite winter delight. Mutton Paya Soup, which is made from the legs of a lamb or trotters, is one of the healthiest soups that you will ever have in your lifetime. Best for the nourishment of kids and old age people, this soup recipe provides an excellent dose of calcium and is good for the joints as well.