Easiest Way to Make Yummy Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup)
Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup). Palak Shorba is commonly found in Central Asia and Middle East, even serve in almost all Asian restaurant before meal. Shorba is one of various kind of soup or stew like simply gravy. Palak Shorba is a fresh and spicy delicacy that can be savoured hot garnished with some ginger.
Palak dal is also very easy to cook and takes only a few minutes to set-up in an instant pot. You can also have this as soup, in case you are on a low carb diet or just craving for some hot warm soup. I have used moong lentils over here, but you can use any other lentil like toor dal, arhar dal, masoor dal and chana dal. You can have Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup)
- You need 2 cups of spinach, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 lime of juice of lime.
- You need as needed of cheese to garnish (opt).
Aloo palak, palak rice, moong dal palak sabji, palak paratha are some of my weekly rotation meals. Recipes like palak paneer , palak poori, palak shorba are made when we want to indulge. I also love including spinach in snacks like croquettes or in sandwiches. Palak Shorba is a fresh and spicy delicacy that can be savored hot garnished with some ginger.
Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup) step by step
- Soak the dal for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion, ginger and garlic till light brown..
- Add the coriander-cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder mixed with little water..
- Saute for a few seconds. To it, add the dal, spinach, salt and 3 cups water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles..
- When cool, blend in a mixer, add lime juice and heat through. Serve, garnished with some cheese on the top..
The milk added to this recipe makes it creamy, while the mint and lemon juice combined together, add just the required amount of freshness! You can also try other shorbas like the Moong Dal ka Shorba and Tomato Shorba. Over the years, many vegetarian variants of Shorba have become popular. Vegetarians prepare a variety of Shorba recipes like Palak(Spinach) Shorba, Lentil Shorba, Corn Shorba, Tomato Shorba, etc. The consistency of Shorba varies depending upon one's taste and cooking style.