Bonda Soup. urad dal fritters in a moong dal soup with step by step photo and video recipe. the traditional soup recipes are generally made with a vegetable or with broth of veggies or meat. these are generally served as appetiser just before the meal which eventually improve the appetite. but there are other innovative soup recipe and bonda soup recipe is one such innovation made by. Urad dal bonda in moong soup, a popular Karnataka recipe, shared with step by step pictures. I tasted Bonda soup for the first time in a restaurant in Chennai.
Karnataka Style Bonda Soup Recipe is a favourite dish among all the kannadigas and especially in Mysore. The dish consists of crispy urad dal fritter dipped in a hot thin based dal soup. The fritter is usually fried in a deep frying oil but in this recipe we have made it healthy by pan frying it on the kuzhi paniyaram pan to make it super healthy for your morning breakfast. You can have Bonda Soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bonda Soup
- You need of For Bondas(25 bondas).
- You need 1 cup of Split Blackgram/Urad dal.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Finely Chopped Green Chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Finely Chopped Ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 3/4-1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- You need of For Soup(1.25 litres).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Toor dal/Split Pigeon Peas.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee/Clarified Butter.
- You need 2 of Tomato (quartered).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ginger (Julienne).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Green Chilli (Julienne).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida/Hing Powder.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Coriander leaves.
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda!
Bonda Soup instructions
- How to cook the Soup?.
- Pressure cook the toor dal with 2 cups water, turmeric powder, ghee and tomatoes for 3 to 4 whistles..
- Heat oil. Pop up mustard. Add in the hing powder, ginger and green chilli. Saute for a while..
- Add the above seasoning to the cooked toor dal..
- Now add 3 cups of water and salt. Cook till it comes to a boil..
- How to cook the Bondas?.
- Soak urad dal in 3 cups water for 3 to 4 hours..
- Drain the water completely. Grind into a fine paste. Add a few tbsp of water. Don't add too much of water..
- Add ginger, chilli, black pepper and salt to the batter..
- Drop 2 tbsp of batter at a time into oil. Deep fry till they are golden brown..
- How to assemble the Bonda Soup?.
- In a soup bowl, place 3 or 4 bondas. Pour the hot soup over. Top with coriander leaves..
- Offer Bonda Soup to Lord Sri Krishna. Honor Krishna Prasadam.
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! Bonda soup is just a perfect anytime of the year snack cum appetizer, which is super tasty.