Recipe: Tasty Pepper rasam (Pepper Soup)
Pepper rasam (Pepper Soup). Pepper Rasam: Boost Your Immunity With This Flavourful South Indian Soup (Recipe Inside) Pepper Rasam Recipe: The very popular pepper rasam, or as traditionally called milagu rasam, is like a clear soup, which works great to ward off cold and flu. Pepper Rasam is commonly prepared in all South Indian homes. It can be had as a soup or as an accompaniment with rice.
Besides right medication, it is imperative to consume comforting and effective foods. The spices present in this soup recipe helps in digestion and soothes your senses. Pepper Rasam makes for a perfect healthy recipe for incessant sneezes and running nose. pepper rasam recipe You can have Pepper rasam (Pepper Soup) using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper rasam (Pepper Soup)
- Prepare 1 of . Tamarind – lemon size.
- Prepare 2 of . Tomato – 1 small.
- It’s 3 of . Coriander leaves – chopped finely.
- Prepare 4 of . Hing – pinch.
- Prepare 5 of . Turmeric – 1/2 tsp.
- Prepare 6 of . Salt – as needed.
- Prepare 7 of . Water – 1 cup.
- Prepare of To Grind:.
- You need 1 of . Garlic – 3.
- It’s 2 of . Peppercorn – 1.5 tsp.
- It’s 3 of . Cumin – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 4 of . Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
- Prepare of To Temper:.
- Prepare 1 of . Oil – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 2 of . Mustard – 1/2 tsp.
- Prepare 3 of . Curry leaves – few.
menasina saaru with step by step photo and video recipe. basically a watery pepper flavoured tomato rasam which is typically enjoyed with hot steamed rice or can be consumed as a drink or soup. it is typically prepared during monsoon or winter season to get extra heat from pepper. further it can be extended with garlic pods to make the delicious. Loading. pepper cumin rasam recipe with step by step photos. milagu jeera rasam is a spicy, tangy and hot rasam thats good during the winters. the rasam recipe is easy & does not require rasam powder. excellent remedy for cough and cold. Sri Lankan tamarind soup with pepper. The perfect clear soup for cold, winter weather.
Pepper rasam (Pepper Soup) step by step
- 1. Soak tamarind in warm water for 15 minutes. Take tamarind juice. Keep this aside. 2. Prepare crumble of garlic, coriander seeds, cumin and peppercorn using pestle. 3. Now add this crumble to tamarind water. Add chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, hing, turmeric, enough salt and a cup of water to this. Mash this mixture using your hand till tomatoes soft and mush..
- 4. Now add oil in pan add mustard, curry leaves. Once the mustard started to splutter add the tamarind water. 5. Wait nearby to watch when it starts to boil once it starts boil switch off the flame immediately. Serve hot..
This tamarind soup also known as rasam to most of us, is also called thambung hodi in Sinhalese and puli aanam in Tamil. The tamarind soup recipe below is an easier version or shall I say, a humbler version of the Indian rasam recipes. Milagu rasam or pepper rasam is a South Indian dish which is best served with rice or can be sipped as soup. Rasam will be included in our lunch menu for almost every day. It is the only menu item that can be served in any course of South Indian meal.