Recipe: Delicious Betel Leaves Rasam (Soup)
Betel Leaves Rasam (Soup). Betel leaves are known primarily as a major ingredient of "Paan". However, it has lesser-known medicinal uses that aid in a healthier diet. Betel leaves (Vetrilai) are rich in Antioxidants and can help with Indigestion, Constipation to name a few.
Vethalai or Paan leaves or Betel leaves also can be used in making Rasam. Betel leaves are good source of calcium and best for lactating mothers too. It helps in digestion of food and also relives stomach discomfort after having a heavy feast. You can have Betel Leaves Rasam (Soup) using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Betel Leaves Rasam (Soup)
- You need 1 of . Tamarind – 1 small.
- You need 2 of . Tomato – 1.
- You need 3 of . Hing – a pinch.
- It’s 4 of . Curry leaves – 5.
- It’s 5 of . Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- It’s 6 of . Salt – as needed.
- You need 7 of . Coriander – for garnish.
- Prepare of To Grind:.
- You need 1 of . Betel leaves – 2.
- Prepare of To Crumble:.
- You need 1 of . Pepper corns – 1 tsp.
- You need 2 of . Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- It’s 3 of . Garlic – 3.
- Prepare of To Temper:.
- Prepare 1 of . Ghee – 1 tsp.
- You need 2 of . Mustard – 1/2 tsp.
- It’s 3 of . Red chilli – 1.
- It’s 4 of . Curry leaves – 2.
Betel Leaves Rasam / Vethalai rasam is simple and easy to make and it has the strong flavor of vethalai along with other spices. Betel Leaves Rasam / Vethalai rasam is simple and easy to make and it has the strong ﬂavor of vethalai along with other spices. Rasam recipe – no rasam powder needed and no dal. Learn how to make rasam with step by step photos.
Betel Leaves Rasam (Soup) instructions
- 1. Soak tamarind in warm water for few minutes. Squeeze the juice out and keep aside. 2. Wash the betel leaves in running water and remove the stem. Grind into paste. 3. Take a pestle crumble peppercorns, cumin and garlic cloves. Add salt. 4. Heat a pan add tamarind juice, tomato, turmeric, salt, hing and curry leaves. Let it cook for 2 minutes. 5. Now add crumbled portion and let it boil for another 2 minutes..
- 6. Add a cup of water and reduce the flame. Now add the betel leaves paste and boil for 5 minutes in low flame. Adjust the salt level and switch off the flame. 7. Heat a ghee in small kadai add mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves. Temper this over rasam and serve with rice and any thuvayal..
It can be served with rice or can be had as a Rasam recipe – a light Indian soup that is made with basic spices, tomatoes and herbs. South Indian rasam is very soothing to the tummy and helps. Betel leaves or vethalai are used traditionally in India for making paan. It's widely used all over the country for this purpose and in the south, it's also considered auspicious and makes it's This is how we make rasam, the end. Betel Leaves Rasam / Vethalai (Vetta) Rasam Recipe.