Recipe: Delicious Beetroot Rasam (Soup)
Beetroot Rasam (Soup). Beetroot rasam recipe with step by step pics. Amongst the many varieties of rasam made with veggies, Beetroot rasam is a spicy, tangy and delicious rasam variety. unlike regular rasam recipe, beetroot rasam has light sweet tones of the beetroot blending beautifully with the sour taste of tamarind and the spiciness coming from the black peppers and dry red chilies. Bring it to a boil and switch off immediately.
While I was preparing the rasam itself, it was so flavorful and loved the aroma a lot. Its worth a try and you can make kids consume beets if they don't eat in the other forms. I had a cup of this rasam as such and it was so good to have it as a soup to drink too. beetroot rasam recipe You can cook Beetroot Rasam (Soup) using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot Rasam (Soup)
- It’s 1 of . Beetroot – 1 grated.
- You need 2 of . Tomato – 1/2.
- Prepare 3 of . Tamarind water – 1 amla size.
- Prepare 4 of . Cumin – 1 tsp.
- It’s 5 of . Garlic – 4.
- It’s 6 of . Pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- It’s 7 of . Toor dal – 1tsp.
- You need 8 of . Mustard – 1/2 tsp.
- You need 9 of . Red chilli – 1 broken.
- It’s 10 of . Turmeric – 1/4 tsp.
- Prepare 11 of . Hing – pinch.
- It’s 12 of . Curry leaves – 1 string.
- Prepare 13 of . Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped.
instant beetroot rasam – no toor dal with step by step photo and video recipe. beetroot is most loved rasam by my husband. this is a instant recipe where we do not add any dal or rasam powder. this rasam goes very well with plain steamed rice or can be drunk as a soup. generous amount of garlic seasoning will give a nice flavour to beetroot rasam. Beetroot Rasam is a healthy Rasam variety with a rich color and flavor of beetroot. Beetroot Rasam can be served with hot steaming rice or as a soup! Here is a confession: this is not the traditional rasam recipe.
Beetroot Rasam (Soup) instructions
- 1. In pressure cooker add toor dal, grated beetroot, tomato, turmeric powder and a tsp of oil. Add couple cups of water and cook in pressure cooker for 2 whistles. 2. Once done mash it and drain. Keep the water aside. 3. Now use pestle or motor crumble garlic, cumin and pepper. Add this to tamarind water..
- 4. Heat kadai add oil, mustard, curry leaves and red chilli. Once this splutter add beetroot water, tamarind water and hing. Add enough salt. 5. Let it boil in medium heat for 5 minutes. 6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or you can have it directly. Its bit sweet and very tasty foods for kids..
Usual Rasam but today we are going to make this rasam with Beetroot stock!!!! Health Benefits of Beetroot: It contains full of nutrients,it is a great source of fiber,iron,vitamins,potassium,iron. A simple recipe to prepare Rasam using the Beet cooked water. Garnish it with cilantro and beet rasam is ready. The color was unbelievable, so was the taste too.